Tuesday 14 August 2012

Grinding to a halt, ukulele-wise

Suddenly, ukulele-wise, I feel that I am wading thigh-deep in water with the current against me - and it's because I've suddenly lost direction and focus.

The reason is clear; I'm faffing about too much on the internet. I'm reading the Forum (Ukulele Underground Forum) and watching Youtube uke videos instead of playing and practising. Silly, silly...

So I know what I need to do....

Set limits on internet time; play more ukulele.

Set targets again - particular pieces to work on and learn - for me, that works.


.......

You've read it before and here it is again.... the only way to get better is.....

practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice
practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice
practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice
practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice
practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice


Meanwhile, someone has to wash up, do a bit of housework.


In the doldrums....


Better get on with it.



2 comments:

  1. Very true. Practice practice is what it is all about. If you can find a club, group,mor even just a friend to play with that can help. Like anything though, it takes work.

    I regularly tell people the uke is easy to start with, but always add, that it takes a lifetime to master. You will hit hurdles - that happens with all instruments, but break them down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you're right - I do go to a group now, they meet one afternoon a week but I'm not always free to go - like today for example! Strumming along keeps my hand in. It's progress that's stalled, but I'm on to it - going to sort out some short term targets with a time limit - say about a month - and pin them up...

      Thanks for your comment, Barry, I appreciate it! :D

      Delete

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!