Wednesday 9 September 2015

At last - Jake Shimabukuro tour in England - 5 days to go!

I keep whining that I don't get time to blog much. Then I feel guilty about whining because actually I'm often busy doing fantastic stuff, like hanging out with friends, playing ukulele somewhere, or listening to fantastically talented people playing their ukuleles... and right now I'm getting very excited because in just five days, on Tuesday 15th September, I'm going to Liverpool to see the virtuoso player that blows everybody's minds, Jake Shimabukuro, in the St George's Hall, Liverpool.

Jake is the young Hawaiian who came to the public notice for this stunning ukulele performance of George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Fourteen million views of this impromptu performance over the last nine years have helped to propel Jake to the highest echelons of "ukery" and have deservedly earned him the adoration of uke fans everywhere.

It seemed too much to ask for, that he should come here to do a tour in his own right, but coming here he most certainly is, arranged by Grand Northern Events. The London show is sold out. But you can still get to see Jake in Liverpool, Leeds or Bath!

LIVERPOOL – St George’s Hall – 15th September

LONDON – Kings Place – 17th September (SOLD OUT)

LEEDS – Town Hall – 18th September

BATH – The Forum – 19th September


I have it on good authority that Jake does a really memorable live show... well, I'm ticking the days off to Tuesday, I just can't wait. Got my train tickets, got my interview questions.... yes, dear readers, I am honoured to be interviewing Jake for Life's A Ukafrolic blog! So... you won't go too far away, will you....?

Thanks for dropping in... I have plenty more Ukafrolics to tell you about!

PS... Pssssst.... shhh but a little bird just told me that Jake will be on BBC breakfast TV on Wednesday 16th September.... don't tell anyone I told you though.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!