Thursday 8 November 2012

The Mermaid Song , "Siren" by Ganga Karmokar


Here it is - the song, the Three Mermaids instrumental, now with words, written by Ganga Karmoka, and inspired by a Moore Bettah uke, crafted by the luthier Chuck Moore in Hawaii - a uke with mermaids swimming down the fingerboard... for pics and more info, see the post I did on Ganga's instrumental, a few days ago.

In Greek mythology, the sirens were three sea nymphs who lured sailors to their deaths on the rocks. To me, Ganga's singing in this song is so evocative of that...

How I wish I had a half-decent voice...

Oh - and in this video Ganga is playing her new (new to her) Moore Bettah tenor.

We have some first-class luthiers of the ukulele in the UK also... watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!