Friday 5 April 2013

It's a funny thing about singing....


It's a funny thing about singing, and I've found this before.... it's so hard to sing a song aloud that means something to you... LSH and I have a few songs that for one reason or another are a bit special, and I came across the chords for such a one last night. So after running it through, I went downstairs just now and sat beside him on the sofa, armed with uke and chord sheet...."Look what I found...!" but do you think I could sing that song aloud while I played? No way.... not to him.... the voice went, the tears just streamed..... "I Just Called to Say I Love You" ... perhaps if I work on it I can de-sensitize myself to it, and get that I can sing and play it with him. Perhaps.

If something moves you, a song or a poem, a passage in a book, it touches the emotions in a way that comes right to the surface when the voice is involved. It begs questions about performing certain songs in public. There are poems that I just can't read aloud, it's just the same. Words and music touch the soul.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!