Sunday 24 March 2013

My new banjolele.....makes three! Gibson UB2

Yes, in addition to my lovely bird's eye maple Slingerland and my Dallas D - a rather art-deco and masculine looking uke, I am now the very proud owner of a Gibson UB2! I love it - love it, love it! I love the others too, and won't be in a rush to sell either of them, but I must say, the UB2 will be my main player when it comes to the banjo-ukes. Why? The Gibson seems to be particularly well-balanced. It's just a joy to hold and play, even standing. The neck is very smooth, the tuners are perfectly adjusted... and its last owner was none other than ukulelezaza - Remco Houtman-Janssen! So I am very proud to be able to call it mine. A couple of quick pics....

Now, to be able to play it like Remco, that would be something.

And it's my bet that Remco found a lot of new fans last weekend, when he "got the Formby itch" once more and attended the George Formby Society March Convention in Blackpool. It was my privilege to meet him there - what a nice man... and what a stupendous musician! But more of that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!