Friday 29 March 2013

It's Matthew J Richards - Rubinstein's Melody in F


Matthew Richards is one of the nicest chaps you could wish to meet, and one of the most musically gifted. A star and mainstay of the George Formby Society, always there as MD with the band to support the artists as well as to play himself.... he plays wooden uke as well as the banjo-uke and I have posted his youtube videos including tuition vids here before.

His latest offering is an absolute corker - it's his own arrangement of Rubinstein's Melody in F. I popped over to Al Wood's Uke Toob to recommend it, and it was already there.... please watch, be astounded, and then rate it - I reckon you'll give this one five! Then if you're not already a subscriber - my guess is, you soon will be!

Here it is, watch in Uke Toob and click the 5th star to give it five!

He's playing his Mum's vintage Gibson soprano (above!) - I know she doesn't mind, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!