Sunday 3 June 2012

A Union Flag Uke for the Jubilee Weekend


Scratching my head about what to buy for birthday present for a "diamond lady" celebrating a landmark 60th birthday this Diamond Jubilee weekend, I remembered seeing a little union flag soprano uke (made by Ashton) in my super local music shop. So I got it for her. It plays fine for a beginner - she doesn't play - yet. I spent much of yesterday putting together a booklet to get her going - a chord sheet, a few songs and a few tips to get her started. Can't wait to see whether she gets the bug! And a set of Aquila "new nylgut" strings on that uke will transform it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!