Thursday 5 July 2012

I discover Kalei Gamiao and The Unknown

A thoughtful Galei fan on the Ukulele Underground Forum offered a link to click - and I saw this video for the first time.

Take a deep breath.....



The videos I feature on here, I choose for a variety of reasons. They entertain me and make me smile; they inspire me or help me in learning to play more skilfully, and to play more interesting chords; they move me... this great piece of instrumental playing grabbed me by the scruff of the neck, caught my breath and quickened my pulse. Pure adrenalin, pure excitement. People want to be able to play this. I want to be able to play this! Sometime.... patience - practice - practice....

Kalei works with Kamaka Ukuleles of Hawaii. Suffice it for now to say that Kamaka is the oldest of the "K" brands of ukulele - the top flight, the best. And for those with deep pockets!

If you fancy having a go at this, see the great Dominator's tutorial videos here.

To read more about Kalei, click here - a blog page I found.

Oh, and needless to say - Kalei Gamiao has to be another ukulele hero!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!